Monday, March 12, 2007

Serious, And No Jokes!

Again.Above is the statement that always come out from my Value Management’s Lecturer, Surveyor Associates Professor Dr. Mazlan. We seem to be in overseas when staying at his class. Really impressing and fluency in English. Sometimes, im really proud to have such a good muslim lecturer that able to communicate very well in this international language. I always ogling the non-muslim in my class, just want to see their reaction, they are definitely adore that nice lecturer when the words uttered from him.Very good impressions to Islam, that’s the most vital in any way…

The necessity or the Demand?

Serious and no jokes.Some of us still have a big fear in communicating in English. I just want to put a little comment on this issue. Why? because we are coming from the totally malay school that learned English subjects just for one examination’s paper or because we are brought up from different family, different area especially the rural area that have no broadcasting line or what? I am also not very good in English, I am also come from a village, I am also come from the malay family that use malay as our mother tongue but I demand to learn this necessity…because I know that to the world nowadays, we are no one if we are lack of everything, either the language, the skills or any other things that is needed…Serious and no jokes.

Eliminate your fear factor

I love to speak but I am scared of myself. So, I enrolled for a business communication class and try to push myself to speak. It happened after my SPM long breaks Its better than previous. But to sharpen it, of course we need time. Really much time. Praise and Compliment to Allah, He put me in this course, although I felt very unsatisfied, becoming one of the professional in construction field is not an easy way. We need to present and learn in English, by hook or by crook, at least my English can be saved from rusting badly.

The strong desire is very important to identify what you will be in a future, believe it or not?believe it! Why I say like this? I have been humiliated and challenged by my English teacher. She throw my book in front of the class, and as usual my tears begin dropped. From that time, I started to instill in myself that I need to get A for her paper. So, I prove to her during my last time at school. Serious and no jokes.

I eliminate my fear in speaking English by practicing to speak in front of mirror. I got the best English debator during my business communication class and I becoming the only malay interviewer during my English session class in university.

I got all that by practice and practice. Thanks mirror for being accompanied me. I jot down at least five new words in daily to bright up my vocabulary.All this is happened for a past year… now I realized that I need to go through this continuously again and again or I will forget about my English…yes, serious and no jokes.

No comments: